Log in to start an application or to access Judging Panel
Don't have an account? Create one here.
ECHO Awards Entry Rules
Entrants to the ANA International ECHO Awards (the “Awards”) shall comply with the following entry rules (the “Entry Rules”):
- To qualify for entry for the Awards, you shall (i) complete an official entry form, (ii) complete a disclosure form, (iii) pay the applicable entry fee, and (iv) submit the entry for judging. You shall provide a clear, concise, and logical response to every question that is applicable to your campaign. Please do not exceed the spacing available on the entry form. Entries that exceed space restrictions and those submitted without results information will automatically be disqualified.
- You may submit single media components and/or multiple components of your campaign for judging. Each entry from your campaign requires a separate official entry form, separate creative samples, and separate entry fees. The Awards reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to reassign entry categories that are deemed incorrectly entered.
- Awards submissions, including any files, samples, or DVDs, will not be returned. Please print and retain a copy of your entry form for your files.
- Consider writing your entry like a short story, but keep it simple, clear, and concise. While Awards judges are highly experienced marketing professionals, they review numerous campaign entries in a single judging session, so carefully consider the readability of your entry and use short, succinct paragraphs wherever possible. Campaign entries must employ response-oriented, measurable marketing strategies, driven by insights into target audience selection, creative communications, and results achieved.
- All foreign language entries must be translated into English. Clear translations must be provided for all entries not written in English. Broadcast entries may be dubbed or subtitled in English.
- Please remove all reference to the agency name in the entry text and all file uploads. The Awards reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any entry that contains the agency name in the submission.
- All Awards entries must have been produced, printed, published, posted, and/or aired and had response results tabulated between March 2018 and July 2019.
- All submitted campaigns must be submitted in the normal course of business and must be submitted exactly as they appeared to the target audience. Any advertiser, agency, client, consultant, or producer responsible for the work may submit an entry. All entries must be approved by advertiser/client for submission.
- The Awards are judged by category. Please choose the category that most accurately describes the product or service promoted in your campaign. If you believe that your campaign belongs in more than one category, you may enter it in as many categories as appropriate.
- Entrants acknowledge and agree that these Entry Rules are subject to the following terms and conditions:
- All entrants to the Awards represent and warrant to the ANA that their Awards entry is either original and the entrant either owns the work or the entrant has all necessary permission from the owner to enter the work in the Awards. The entrant acknowledges and agrees that the ANA and the Awards shall not be liable for any trademark or copyright infringement, or infringement of any other third party’s rights, based on the Awards entry supplied by the entrant.
- All entrants must strictly comply with the Entry Rules. Completion of a signed entry form and disclosure form, payment of the entry fee, submission of the entry for judging, and receipt of entry form will imply full acceptance by each entrant. Any material submitted in the course of entering the Awards becomes the property of the ANA and cannot be returned. Non-compliance with any of the Entry Rules may result in automatic disqualification of the entry, in the ANA’s sole discretion.
- Timely submission of an official entry complying with the Entry Rules ensures that an entrant’s work will be reviewed and considered for recognition. No other representation or warranty is made by the ANA concerning the Awards, and all implied warranties are hereby expressly disclaimed.
- Potential Awards winners may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility (which affirms that he/she has complied with the Entry Rules) as well as a liability and publicity release, each of which, if issued, must be completed, signed, and returned promptly from date of issuance, or the entrant may be disqualified from winning the Award. Acceptance of the Award constitutes the winner’s consent to the use of his/her name and/or photograph without further compensation for advertising, promotional, and publicity purposes by the ANA, including, without limitation, displaying the entry at the Awards ceremony and/or other public places; including the entry in any Awards publication; showing the entry as part of any audio and/or visual promotion of the Awards; and making the entry available to others, alone or in conjunction with other materials, for commercial or non-commercial purposes at the sole discretion of the ANA. By entering, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the ANA and its subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, advertising and promotional agencies, wholesalers, and retailers, and each of the foregoing entities’ employees, officers, directors, shareholders, and agents (collectively the “Released Parties”), from and against any and all claims, actions and/or liability for any injuries or death, loss, or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with participation in and/or entry into the Awards or acceptance of the Award and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, and invasion of privacy.
- The ANA reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or suspend the Awards. Entrants acknowledge and agree that the manner and details of announcing Awards nominations and presentation of the Awards is strictly at the sole discretion of the ANA. Entrant understands that not all Awards may be presented to awardees or publicized in the same manner, and some may be presented in a ceremony and others may not, at the sole discretion of the ANA.
- In the event entrant wins one or several Awards, any taxes, duties, fees, and charges accrued from transportation to and from the Awards ceremony and/or shipping trophy(ies) will be the responsibility of the winner.
- Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to the Awards shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York, without regard to its conflict of laws principles. Entrant irrevocably submits to venue and exclusive personal jurisdiction in the federal and state courts in New York County, New York, for any dispute arising out of the Awards, and waives all objections to jurisdiction and venue of such courts.